Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Jody Sawyer School of Ballet


So, I really should be drifting peacefully to sleep right now, but I know Black Swan will karate chop my face if I don't blog my little swan heart out right now. So prepare for the random stream of thoughts that I will attempt to compile into a coherent blog entry.

We found out tonight at class that our teacher has a sense of humor. She was seriously in a good mood. Apparently, one of the students brought her chocolate (brown-noser! I wish I had thought of that). She also has arches that go on for days. Seriously, I can't help but stare at her feet. She makes a perfect fifth look like nothin'. She is also a really good teacher. We will miss her. Because next week, the swans start class at the Jody Sawyer School of Ballet (JSSOB)!

If you don't know who Jody Sawyer is, shame on you! She is only our idol and favorite character from our favorite ballet movie Center Stage. I mean, who wouldn't sleep with Cooper Nielson if they had the chance! But I digress.

The swans will be taking classes at the school Amanda Schull attended before she became Jody Sawyer. We figure it's our best chance to score a role in the next great ballet movie (too bad we just missed out on Black Swan - although the movie was loosely based our our autobiographies). I mean, the way we figure it, we should have the lead roles in the Nutcracker by Christmas, so we should be ready to star in film by summer of next year.

But seriously, the reason we are leaving this class is it is a tad too advanced for our addled brains and geriatric bodies. For now. We really want to try to find that rarest of dance classes, the TRUE adult beginner class. I miss feeling like a bit of a rock star in my college ballet classes (where I think I was the only one who had ever danced a step in my life). We plan to try 3 different classes this weekend (including one at the JSSOB). So, wish us luck and maybe we'll remember your name when they are asking us if we have anyone in mind for supporting roles.

~White Swan

3 comments:

  1. Next time you visit Hawaii, come join us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the record, I would not sleep with Cooper Nielson and I'm eyeing the roll of the Rat King in the Nutcracker.

    ReplyDelete